Monday 27 January 2014

Boulevard Brasserie in Covent Garden: calamari, moules mariniere & frites, ice cream & tuile basket

I went to Boulevard Brasserie in Covent Garden, London, after finding a toptable special, where I got 50 per cent off all food from the a la carte menu.

I'm a big fan of the toptable deals. There are so many restaurants in London that you can usually find something to fit your budget. Even restaurants at five-star hotels often offer deals, particularly on week days when it's quieter.

Boulevard Brasserie is a French restaurant, with a rather French theme inside. Many of the tables and the bar are situated in the basement, hence the dark photos.

I started off with the breaded calamari with tartare sauce - one of my favourite dishes. Deep fried seafood? I'm all over that. The calamari could have been a bit crispier, but otherwise is was a solid start.


In keeping with the seafood theme, I went for the moules mariniere & frites (mussels and fries) - again, another favourite of mine. Good flavour, nicely cooked, tasty sauce, crispy fries.

I finished off with three scoops of ice cream on top of a tuile basket, which is basically a giant biscuit. The ice cream flavours were chocolate, vanilla and pistachio - all nice and creamy. However, I found the basket difficult to eat, as it was a bit greasy.

Closest Tube: Covent Garden
Address: 40 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7BD, United Kingdom

Square Meal Boulevard Brasserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment