Sunday 2 February 2014

Han: a Korean bar in New Malden, London

As mentioned in an earlier post, New Malden is the UK's capital of Korean cuisine. But it doesn't just stop at food; there's a Korean bar called Han along the High Street too.

Han is strictly a restaurant, karaoke venue and bar - so I wouldn't be doing it justice by simply calling it a bar. It has a full food menu and six karaoke rooms, for example. But during my last visit to Han, I didn't eat or (sadly) do karaoke, so it was very much a bar for me.

They serve Hite, apparently the top-selling beer in South Korea, so no surprises here. I'm no beer expert, but it tastes fine to me - nothing particularly bad or good about it.


Most of our group (including me) were driving, so we stuck to the soft drinks after that. Han excelled in this department - check out my Passionate Cooler virgin cocktail! It certainly tasted as good as it looked.


This is what we all had (and seemingly in height order): Ice Tea Soju (alcoholic), Apple Mojito (virgin cocktail), Passionate Cooler (virgin cocktail) and a Crapple (virgin cocktail). All took a while to arrive, but the staff are friendly and the guy with the long hair who greeted us - possibly the manager - is very hospitable, so we didn't mind. Plus my friends all liked their drinks.


The full drinks menu can be found here.

Next time I really want to try Han's food menu and, if I can persuade my friends, sample one of the karaoke rooms! Looking forward to it already.

Closest station: New Malden
Address: 1 High Street, New Malden, London, KT3 4DQ

PS I found a picture of the interior on their website; this is what I mean by the exposed wood...

Source: Han

Han on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment